2015 NSWTA Junior State Cup Event Ambassadors required on Friday 20th, Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd of February in Port Macquarie.
The NSW Junior State Cup is the premier junior competition for NSW Touch Football clubs across the state in an excellent competition for the states most talented junior players, coaches, referees and administrators.
Following on from the success of the 2014 event with 17000 persons in attendance, we’re going to need your help again. So, if you’re not planning on participating, why not volunteer to become and Event Ambassador? It’s another terrific way to get involved without missing out on all the fun!
Event Ambassadors are extremely important and are an integral part to any sporting competition or tournament. There is no way this massive event could be staged without the involvement of volunteers.
Reasons to get involved:
- Being part of the event and supporting the sport
- Helping put smiles on the faces of participants
- Meeting lots of interesting people
- To extent current or learn new skills
- To gain experience in sporting events and tournament
What’s on offer?
- Many roles to choose from, catering to a variety of individuals.
- People and groups needed from Friday to Sunday!
- Come along and register as a family, a great bounding opportunity!
- Free meals, t-shirt, shorts, hat and shoes as well as other branded NSW Touch Football goodies on the day!
- The chance to meet new people, create new opportunities and build life long experiences.
- Gain new skills or improve on existing ones.
- Students- enhance your employability!
What do each of the Volunteer areas do?
Each area will require volunteers for different times of the day and for different length shifts.
- The Hub Admin – is where the athletes, coaches and spectators come to ask questions and respond to various requests across the whole event.
- The Hub Results – is where the athletes, coaches and spectators come and view results after their games and check on progress throughout the event.
- The Eyes – Is our media arm where we broadcast the games via our websites, social media and NSW Touch TV. This includes liaising with local/state media and Stakeholders.
- Street Crew – Volunteers in this area will assist with the Traffic and Bus service including the safety and directing of Athletes, coaches and spectators through pre-during and post event.
- Ground Marshals are required to guide the athletes, Coaching Staff and Spectators around the precinct and ensure that all do so in a safe and friendly manner. Ages have spanned up to people in their 70’s, so you are never too old to volunteer, as long as you have the right attitude and want to help out.
- Technical – Area volunteers are required to assist the Referees, Referees Coaches and Selectors as they manage their administration responsibilities.
Are you currently studying and need to complete a large amount of volunteer hours or practical experience? Volunteering for the 2015 Junior State Cup is a great opportunity for you!
In just one weekend you can knock off plenty of your required hours whilst experiencing one of the biggest sporting events in the state. Add it to your CV and this could also help you in finding future employment.
Want to find out more?
Whether you can only help for a couple of hours, a day or the whole weekend, we need your help! We have a number of positions to be filled and we can suit it to your availability.
For more information contact NSWTA Sport Manager Daniel Rushworth via [email protected] or +612 9558 9333