ACTIVE KIDS PROGRAM
The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the Active Kids program. Parents, guardians and carers can apply for a voucher valued up to $50 for each student enrolled in school.
What is active kids?
Parents, guardians and carers can apply for a voucher for each school-enrolled child in their care aged 4.5 to 18 years.
The voucher is valued at $50 and:
- can be put towards the cost of sport and active recreation with registered Active Kids providers
- must be redeemed before the expiry date on the voucher.
The voucher may be used with a registered activity provider for registration, participation and membership costs for sport, fitness and active recreation activities.
- On 1 February 2024, a new means-tested Active and Creative Kids voucher program will be launched for children enrolled in school. The voucher will be for $50 and will be issued twice a year, at the start of terms 1 and 3.
- The new program will cover activities currently available under both the Active and Creative Kids voucher programs.
Register as an Active Kids Provider
How to register using your Active Kids Voucher?
- Visit www.touchfootball.com.au
- Look for the word “REGISTER” at the top right
- Use your NRL account to login and use the appropriate profile for your child to be registered
- Find your place to play using postcode or name of association.
- Click on the TEAM to register to – you must have a team or if the association is accepting individual registrations, they will advise to join the “individual registration team
- Complete the form with all the mandatory details.
- Select the registration product(s) applicable.
- At the Registration Summary you will see both the National Membership Fee (1 time only per financial year of $22) and the relevant competition fees.
- Look for the Add Active Kids Voucher and copy/paste the voucher number and then add the PIN – click add
- The voucher will automatically apply credit and will show the amount you owe to be paid via debit/credit card
- Repeat for each child that you are registering for Touch Football and using the Active Kids voucher.
Who is eligible to claim the voucher?
If you’re a parent, carer or guardian, the student will be eligible if they are:
- a NSW resident with a valid Australian Medicare Card
- aged between 4.5 and 18 years, and
- enrolled in school (from Kindergarten to Year 12, including those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW).
Things to keep in mind…
Vouchers can only be used:
- one time (if the chosen activity fees are less than $50, then the remaining balance cannot be used)
- during the calendar year they’re issued
- for the person named on the voucher
- for registration or membership fees with approved Active Kids providers.
Vouchers cannot be:
- split between more than one provider or registration (meaning you may not be able to the claim the full $50)
- used for individual items (like jerseys, socks or boots)
- redeemed for cash.